2016 has been the year of the braid. From street style to Coachella, the plait is everywhere.
For YUXIN’s MBFWA show, REDKEN Hair Director John Pulitano created a feminine, braided ponytail.
This look is a little tricky to achieve, so we've broken it down for you:
- On dry hair, saturate the roots with ROOTFUL 06 Root Lifting Spray and blow-dry.
- Take a long rectangular section starting just before the temple area and through to the occipital bone. Split into two down the center of the head.
- Braid each section using an inside out braid technique.
- Spray remaining sections of hair with WAX BLAST 10. Then, using your hands, pull it back into a ponytail at a high height to ensure it covers the ends of the braids.
- Pull the braid out a little to make it softer.
- Finish with FASHION WORK 12 Versatile Working Hairspray.