Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia is almost upon us.
Making this year's event all the more special, Redken 5th Avenue NYC is celebrating 10 years as the Official Hair Partner for MBFWA.
The iconic hair brand is set to join leading Australian fashion labels throughout the week, working with Akira, Christopher Esber, Ginger & Smart, Michael Lo Sordo, Strateas.Carlucci and Dion Lee. Ahead of the shows, Redken has given us a sneak peek at one of the runway looks.
Lee’s Resort 2018 collection is an inspiration for a sea-breeze style, put together by Redken Global Artist, John Pulitano. Here’s an easy guide to nailing it at home.
1. On dry hair, using the arch of your eyebrow as a guide, create a deep, imperfect side part. Pulling the hair back to the crown, work REDKEN Rootful 06 Root Lifting Spray into the roots and work your way down with your hands through mid-lengths and ends.
2. Finger dry to accentuate the natural texture.
3. Using a tong, curl random sections of the mid-lengths to create definition and movement.
4. Gently tousle to create an undone mood. Spray REDKEN Wind Blown 05 Dry Finishing Spray throughout the hair from roots to ends to promote grip, texture and lightweight hold.
5. Gather the lengths at the nape and leave out a small section at the back. Braid this small section and use it as a hair tie to secure the pony tail by tying it into a knot around the lengths.
6. To finish the look, tuck a section of hair behind the ear and pull some sections of hair out to effortlessly frame the face. Mist the entire look with REDKEN Wind Blow 05 Dry Finishing Spray.