You know that messy bun look, that even hours in front of the mirror can't achieve? Well REDKEN Hair Director John Pulitano has got it right. He debuted this up-do for the Oscar de la Renta Show on Day 6 at MBFWA 2016.
The look showcases a fusion of classic elegance and modern power, perfect for those days when you want to look like a lady that’s a bit rough around the edges.
Get the look:
- Gently mist ROOTFUL 06 Root Lifting Spray onto the hair and finger dry creating a natural workable texture.
- Spray WIND BLOWN 05 Dry Finishing Spray through hair and blow-dry. Create a loose centre part and create two side sections, giving you 3 sections in total... left-side + right-side + back.
- Tie the back section into a pony tail at the crown of the head using your hands to give the base natural movement. Then arrange the front two sections back into the same pony.
- Pull out the bottom of the pony near the nape to create subtle movement.
- Wrap the ponytail hair in a long hair net and pin up into a chignon.
- Sprinkle POWDER GRIP 03 Mattifying Powder into the hair framing the face and pull out a few fly-aways.
- Tidy and polish the chignon using FASHION WORK 12 Versatile Working Hairspray.