So far we’ve been blessed with some pretty killer ponies on the MBFWA runways. Did you see our how-to on the REDKEN x Swarovski glittery pony?
For the Day 2 Dion Lee show, REDKEN's John Pulitano brought us a grunge-inspired pony. It might not be glittery, but is designed to give you effortless texture and it’s everything you want in a pony.
John says, “The undone ponytail I created for the Dion Lee show was grunge-inspired but reimagined with volume, separation and subtle sheen.”
1. Saturate the roots with Rootful 06 Root Lifting Spray and finger dry the hair to create a textured finish at the roots. Create a little height at the top and keep the sides sleek.
2. Spray a layer of Fashion Waves 07 Sea Salt Spray and finger dry into the hair.
3. Take a section across the back from the tip of the left ear to the tip of the right ear.
Rub a small amount of Shape Factor 22 Sculpting Cream-Paste onto the roots of the hair. Repeat this step applying the paste to 1cm sections at the roots until you reach the hairline.
4. Take a large tong and lightly smooth the hair, leaving the ends out to create a natural texture on the mid lengths and ends. Mist with Fashion Waves 07 Sea Salt Spray
5. Apply a small amount of All Soft Argan-6 Oil to the very ends of the hair.
6. Then take a hair tie and tie in a low ponytail leaving some stray hair out to tuck behind the ears. Finish this look with Fashion Work 12 Versatile Working Hairspray.