Despite how long it takes to do, we all want our hair to look effortless.
This was the inspiration at the We Are Kindred runway at MBFWA, where REDKEN 5TH AVENUE NYC was the official hair partner.
Hair director for REDKEN Richard Kavanagh has mastered the effortless look, so he created a feminine hair directive for the show.
Here’s how you can do it too:
1. On dry hair, apply a generous handful of REDKEN Full Effect 04 All-Over Nourishing Mousse from the roots to ends, scrunching through for a lived-in texture. Using a soft-bristle flat brush, brush your hair from roots to ends and follow by parting the hair in the centre, all the way to the nape of the neck.
2. Create a deep centre part and rake through with a wide-tooth comb. Generously spritz the hair all over with REDKEN Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Primer before ruffling the hair dry with a hairdryer.
3. Create soft waves with a large curling wand. Gently rake your hair with your fingers. To create the half-up-half-down style, pull back the side sections of your hair, loosely twist them and pin around the nape of the neck. The style should look effortless!
4. Pull a few loose strands out and dress with REDKEN Diamond Oil Glow Dry Style Enhancing Oil.
5. Finish the look with REDKEN Fashion Work 12 Versatile Hairspray to amplify the tousled mood.