We don’t need to tell you that skin is in. It’s all about that dewy glow, contoured cheek bones and smooth bronzed skin. But we know for a fact that it’s not as easy as it looks.
Luckily our friends over at Napoleon Perdis have been kind enough to let us in on the tricks of the trade. Yep they've passed on a whole heap of makeup hacks. And now we're going to share them with you.
- Dewy, luminous skin: Mix a loose and shimmery golden eye shadow into your foundation. For best results apply using a foundation brush.
- Combat shine and create even texture: Use a mattifying primer. When applied before foundation the translucent, super-fine powder works to minimise texture imperfections. It will also absorb oil, meaning your base will last and stay shine free for longer.
- Makeshift blush: Lipsticks make for the perfect creamy blush, as they leave a subtle tint and are so easy to apply. For a natural look, tap a small amount onto the apples of the cheek and blend with your fingertips.
- Highlight those cheeks: Mix a loose metallic eye shadow with a clear lip gloss and apply a touch to the top of the cheekbones. The result is a fresh, luminous look with real staying power.
- A good tan: Due to the thickness of the skin on some areas of the body (knees, elbows, ankles, heels, the soles of your feet and palms) are prone to absorbing more fake tan than others. To prevent these spots from being a tell-tale sign your tan isn't real, apply primer to these areas first. A primer will act as a barrier against over-absorption of product and give a more natural looking result.
- Happy skin: Keep sensitive skin feeling fresh and hydrated, after using makeup wipes, by using it conjunction with something soothing. Place a 20c piece size of primer or moisturiser onto the wipe and work through, then wipe over your face as normal.