Nothing looks better than when someone nails a good ponytail. Lose and casual, when done right, the pony says: “I’m carefree but I still look damn good.”
Sometimes though, getting the look is harder than it sounds. Luckily REDKEN is sharing the secret to the perfect windswept pony.
Created for Bec & Bridge’s MBFWA runway, REDKEN’s take on the classic is feminine, textured and effortless.
Here’s how to get it:
- On towel-dried hair, apply Guts 10 Volume Spray Foam and Rootful 06 Root Lifting Spray. Finger dry following the natural flow and movement of the hair to create natural texture and fly-aways at the hairline.
- Just before the hair is completely dry, finish off with a round bristle brush, to polish and create soft movement.
- Using a medium-sized tong, create natural kinks, bumps and dents to enhance the existing texture.
- Layer a few drops of Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine with Satinwear 02 Prepping Blow Dry Lotion at a ratio of 1:3. This will provide moisture and create a subtle sheen.
- Apply Wind Blown 05 Dry Finishing Spray to the roots and mid-lengths, section by section, to amplify the movement. Blow-dry to enhance the texture.
- Loosely pull hair into a high, youthful ponytail just below the crown. Ensure some pieces of hair fall out of from the pony before securing with a bungee elastic.
- Finish with Wind Blown 05 Dry Finishing Spray for ultimate windswept allure.