Job title: Buyer
Employment type: Full-time
Applications close: January 31
We are searching for an experienced buyer to join our dedicated buying & planning team. reporting to, and working alongside the buying & planning manager, you will be responsible for managing your departments to deliver sales growth and stock efficiency within the context of the brand's philosophy.
the primary purpose of this role:
- oversee the selection of product within your departments (through both pre season buys and in season opportunities)
- actively participate in trading the business on a weekly / seasonal basis
- deliver on seasonal sales, margin & closing stock targets
- inventory management through improved sell throughs
- identify and maximise core line performance
- collaborate with production & warehouse teams to ensure product delivered in a timely manner
- collaborate with marketing/pr, online and retail operations to ensure execution of seasonal initiatives and strategy
- build and maintain strong relationships with retail store managers and staff
the successful applicant will possess:
- 3-5 years proven experience in a buying position at a well regarded retailer
- a comprehensive understanding of luxury fashion in the australian market place; including pricing, competitor brands and local demographics
- the ability to deliver and exceed sales goals and targets
- excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills
- demonstrated time management and organisational skills
- a high level of attention to detail
- the ability to develop and enhance professional relationships
- microsoft excel intermediate to advanced level competency
To apply: please email your cv & covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
we also ask that you answer the following questions within your covering letter:
- how do your personal interests align with the bassike brand?
- when has your determination paid-off professionally?
- why is bassike a brand you'd like to join?