Job title: Menswear Product Developer
Employment type: Full-time
Applications close: January 31
we seek a highly organised & detail oriented product developer to join the design/development team. the successful candidate will be representing the bassike brand at an industry level, liaising closely with suppliers to ensure samples are produced to the highest quality and delivered on time. previous experience in a similar position is essential.
the primary purposes of this role:
- working closely with our menswear head designer on concepts and designs
- coordination of the production of samples
- creation of accurate spec sheets for each new style
- checking the fit, measurements and the workmanship of samples
- documenting accurate fit notes at fittings and communicating these to the pattern maker
- ensuring the most appropriate construction methods are used for each garment
- overseeing fabric testing
- assisting with development to production handover with all details checked and documented
- developing and maintain strong relationships with makers
the successful applicant will possess:
- tertiary qualifications in fashion design
- a minimum 2 years relevant experience in a similar position
- experience using ap21 database software will be highly regarded
- competent knowledge and working understanding of fabric and garment construction
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- ability to successfully multi-task and contribute to a dynamic team environment
- ability to work autonomously and proactively
- high level of word, outlook, excel, illustrator and adobe
- drivers' license essential
how to apply:
to apply, please email your cv & covering letter addressing the role requirements as detailed above to firstname.lastname@example.org
we also ask that you answer the following questions within your covering letter:
- how do your personal interests align with the bassike brand?
- when has your determination paid-off professionally?
- why is bassike a brand you'd like to join?