Job title: Floor Manager
Employment type: Full-time
Title: Floor Manager
Reports to: Store Manager
Overall Job Function: Supervises a team of associates within a department. Is responsible for overseeing sales, merchandise presentation, customer service and operational functions within the department and the store.
- Works with plans, budgets and other available tools to ensure maximum profitability.
- Maximizes sales opportunities through being commercial and ensuring outstanding customer service.
- Actively uses sales information to make business decisions regarding merchandise and scheduling of staff.
- Ensures that all merchandise is properly received and put out on the floor in a timely manner within the department/store.
- Ensures excellent customer service throughout the store and reacts to all customer complaints that arise.
- Plans and coordinates together with the Visual Merchandisers all activities concerning advertising, campaigns, promotions and activities in his/her department.
- Performs all store routines, including the opening and closing of the store.
- Controls all customer returns and completes employee returns/purchases.
- Properly addresses loss prevention and safety issues that may occur, following COS guidelines.
- Effectively schedules and adjusts staff hours according to needs of business.
- Supervises a number of staff within a department.
- Ensures that all associates are well informed regarding the collection, advertising campaigns, promotions, sales activities and other company projects.
- Ensures that staff are knowledgeable on all merchandise routines.
- Recruits, trains and develops associates within the store management team and follows up on the quality of training in his/her department.
- Acts as a role model at all times.
- Accurately assesses his/her staff and provides feedback about their performance on a daily basis.
- Works with the store manager to formulate clear and challenging goals for the staff and follows up on them.
- Administers performance reviews with the store manager on an annual basis.
- Is updated on all company policies and procedures, and ensures all staff work according to them.
- Organizes and distributes the work of his/her staff, sets priorities and keeps a good overview of the tasks to be accomplished in accordance with the store manager.
- Effectively schedules staff within the department according to the needs of the business.
- Ensures that all employee issues, including disciplinary actions, are addressed promptly and fairly and handled in a consistent and confidential manner with store management team.
- Completes and follows up on all paperwork and routines connected to payroll, benefits, hiring, terminations and employee issues.
- Ensures all paperwork connected to merchandise-related routines with the department is completed including transfers and write-offs.
- Preferable 2-3 years prior retail management experience.
- Good knowledge of English.
- Ability to work with our shared values and be a symbolic leader.
- Exceptional customer service skills and interpersonal skills.
- A strong fashion consciousness.
- Must have strong merchandising skills and the ability to drive business commercially.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills, such as browser navigation, software interaction, and data entry are needed.