Company: General Pants Co
Job title: Denim Designer
Employment type: Maternity leave contract
- Work for Australia’s authority - youth apparel retailer
- Creative, dynamic and fun team environment
Rare opportunity General Pants Co is one of the most innovative and fast paced youth fashion retailers in Australia. A rare opportunity has opened up to join the Product Development/Design Team as Denim Designer. This is a nine month Maternity Leave role reporting to our Design Director.
Whilst caretaking the role, you will be responsible for:
- The design and development of all denim across Ksubi and Insight
- Forecasting key trends that we need to inject into our seasonal collections
- Working closely with the Design Director, Head of Buying and Buyers to build a commercial, focused range, within the allocated Open to Buy (OTB) and option plan whilst maximising margin and quality
- Working with the Production Team on sourcing, fabric and wash development and developing key fits and silhouettes for each of the brands unique handwriting
- You’re an experienced Denim Designer with five+ years exposure working in apparel retail and youth fashion
- You have a commercial eye and a detailed understanding of the market, its competitors and our customers
- You’ll live and breathe the General Pants Co way of life in every aspect as well as challenge the "norm" to ensure we stay at the front of being one of Australia's leading youth retailers.
- You have strong numerical and analytical skills
- You demonstrate a positive attitude and hold a track record of maximising category growth
So what’s in it for you:
- GP Life Admin Days - take up to an extra two annual leave days per year because we all have life stuff we need to get done...
- Staff discount - a generous staff discount applies to all products in store. Plus our Buyers will select the latest trends to a apply a 50% and at times a 70% discount
- Parties and events - parties throughout the year and they are renowned for nights to remember
- Be inspired and development - we want you to get the most out of your role because we want to make the most of your abilities. We offer a broad range of training workshops (both internally and externally), designed to help you develop management or technical skills.
- Our People Days – yes we will pay you to give back to our community and work with a charity of your choice.