Company: The Iconic
Job title: Director of Analytics
Employment type: Full-time
As an online retailer we have access to large amounts of data across multiple dimensions, both internal and external. We have the opportunity to intelligently structure and use that data to create a competitive advantage. Our vision is to become a truly data-driven organisation, with data and analytical skillsets trained in all staff, such that we can be smarter and faster in creating the future of retail. We need a leader who shares this vision and has the capability to execute it not just in the Business Intelligence & Analytics department, but across the whole organisation.
Who We Are Looking For
This is a senior role that will suit a strong agile and forward thinking leader with proven experience. You will have enough experience to have sound judgement, but you will still have that fire in your eye to create and have impact. You will naturally live our company values:
- “We Dream Big” – you will have a vision for how we can become a data-driven company to derive competitive advantage
- “We Are True to our Customers” – you will be inherently passionate about customer impact, both external and internal customers, and will constantly challenge yourself and the team to deliver more customer value
- “We Get Things Done” – you do not want to work in a cumbersome organisation, you want to work in an agile high-growth company. You lead with the right balance of planning and pragmatism.
- “We Are Stronger Together” – you are an experienced and capable leader. You will galvanise a team and inspire the broader organisation towards your vision.
- Set a vision for Business Intelligence & Analytics that enables a data-driven company for insights and competitive advantage
- Manage a 10-15 person team, define a structure for the team that fits the vision
- Own THE ICONIC’s data strategy, including data sources, interfaces, training and use
- Work closely with the Engineering Data team on developing data platforms including our data warehouse and capability, ensuring consistency between the Data team’s ETL processes and the use of this data in the dimensional model
- Own THE ICONIC’s Business Intelligence tools, including selection, customization, and organizational training; allowing the company to consume and use data in a way that is meaningful and drives learning and insight
- Have an improvement program of Business Intelligence sophistication, from today’s maturity to tomorrow’s (more predictive analysis, more advanced statistical models, making use of big data, etc).
- Work with teams, especially Technology & Product, to develop data-driven products and solutions to recurring problems (eg matching the right product to customer, managing a customer’s lifecycle, optimizing processes in our Fulfillment Centre, etc).
- Deliver strategic planning on regular and ad hoc cycles, and develop new and improved ways to track and report key metrics to inform strategic decisions
- Own internal intelligence (KPIs, trends, insights) and external intelligence (market, customers, competitors)
- Ownership and development and refinement of daily, weekly or monthly management reporting dashboards across the business
- Deliver high impact analysis against company goals (through the team) and train the organization to do the same themselves over time
- Work closely with the Finance, Planning & Analytics on forecasting/tracking adherence to business plan and key commercial decisions
- Work with other Global Fashion Group BI leads for best practice and knowledge sharing
- Develop a strong Business Intelligence team that is sustainable and scalable; with high levels of team growth/learning and satisfaction, and delivering real value to its customers
Experience and traits
- 10+ years experience in relevant industries
- 5+ years experience in similar roles leading a Business Intelligence (or similar) department
- Experienced and proven leader who builds through great teams
- Preference for ecommerce or retail experience, or for high-growth tech businesses serving end users
- Strong familiarity with data warehouse development, databases and ETL
- Strong analytical skillset and ability to operate at company strategy level
- Experience in advanced analytics using statistical and big data methodologies, developing models for budgeting & forecasting
- Detail-oriented in all things; ability to identify data issues and inconsistencies
- Desire to create the leading data-driven company in Australia
“We Dream Big” – “You will challenge the status quo, bringing passion, innovation and creativity to the wider ICONIC team.
“We Are True to our Customers” – you will be inherently passionate about customer impact, both external and internal customers, and will constantly challenge yourself and the team to deliver more customer value
“We Get Things Done” – you do not want to work in a cumbersome organisation, you want to work in an agile high-growth company. You lead with the right balance of planning and pragmatism.
“We are Stronger Together” - You will be part of an experienced team working collaboratively to inspire the broader organisation towards a united vision.