Company: The Iconic
Job title: Head of Marketplace
Employment type: Full-time
THE ICONIC is a truly unique brand. We entered the market in 2011 with the vision of defining the future of fashion retail. Since then we have created a brand known throughout Australia by connecting 20-35yr old shoppers with the best fashion and sports product through the most inspiring and rewarding shopping experience.
THE ICONIC stands for benchmark-setting experiences (3HR delivery, access to over 700 top brands, market-leading shopping app), for impassioned communities (connecting Australians fashion and sports lovers through digital innovation), and for our love of the newest in fashion from our 700+ leading local and international brands. We want to inspire Australians and New Zealanders to constantly explore new sides of their identity, and have a whole lot of fun doing it.
“We Dream Big” – “You will challenge the status quo, bringing passion, innovation and creativity to the wider ICONIC team.
“We Are True to our Customers” – you will be inherently passionate about customer impact, both external and internal customers, and will constantly challenge yourself and the team to deliver more customer value
“We Get Things Done” – you do not want to work in a cumbersome organisation, you want to work in an agile high-growth company. You lead with the right balance of planning and pragmatism.
“We are Stronger Together” - You will be part of an experienced team working collaboratively to inspire the broader organisation towards a united vision.
About the Role
Any retailer’s strongest tool for customer love and growth is the product range they offer. THE ICONIC has established itself as the leading online fashion retailer through compiling a range of 700+ top local and global brands, coupled with an unmatched ecommerce service experience of easy shopping (on web & app) and delivery so fast it delights.
We don’t want to stop there, in fact we want to define the future of fashion retail through digital retail innovation. Our next big goal is to connect all the many fashion vendors around the world to our community of online fashion shoppers for the next step change in our product range offering. This business model, Marketplace, enables us to grow our range faster and with less inventory risk, and enables our vendor partners to talk to the market’s largest online fashion audience. Marketplace is a model we are already operating - dropshipping from over 350 vendors direct to customers - but we now want to hyper-drive it and require a proven leader to take it there.
What will I be doing?
- Set the strategy and plan for Marketplace including assortment growth strategy, business development, operations and customer experience, and team.
- Managing an end-to-end business unit with direct P&L responsibility - from strategy to operations.
- Lead a team of 14 with scope to grow, providing mentorship and development to set challenging but achievable, goals and identify the appropriate input targets required to deliver the goals
- Manage over 350 existing vendors: select products, optimize assortment, monitor and optimize logistics, grow their businesses
- Set a business development strategy to acquire new vendors to enable further growth
- Work closely with the CCO and Category Managers to identify assortment opportunities and key trends (both to be filled by Marketplace)
- Work closely with other departments - Marketing, Technology, and Operations - to build bleeding-edge innovative solutions which create a competitive advantage out of Marketplace
- Work with other ventures within Global Fashion Group on best practice sharing, reporting etc
- Be responsible for weekly, monthly, quarterly reporting
- Reporting to the CCO and also working closely with the CEO, COO & CFO.
Who We Are Looking For
- 5+ years of experience in building a strategic business function.
- 5+ years of experience in a management position in retail organisation, leading a high performing and growing team.
- Fashion and/or ecommerce experience is a plus but not a requisite. A love for fashion also a plus!
- Highly structured and analytical commercial thinker, with impeccable attention to detail
- Strong track record of recruiting, hiring and developing talent
- Track record of results, setting strategy, and running a large volume and high profile business
- Great communication skills – verbal and written – with the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels of the organization. The role includes a sales component to acquire more vendors.
- High threshold for working in an ambiguous, fast paced environment – figuring it out and adapting as you go
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
- A willingness to roll up sleeves to get it done
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written – with the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels of the organizationEntrepreneurial mindset: adaptable, pragmatic, proactive, hands-on, strategic, analytical, and ambitious