Job title: Menswear editor
Employment type: Full-time
You'll be working as part of a collaborative and growing team, you will be a team player with the insight, experience and enthusiasm to actively support the content and social strategies as set by the global team and where necessary, tailor them for the Australian market.
You are a driven content creator who can turn briefs around quickly and brilliantly, working across multiple mediums and formats (including video and social) and come up with content-driven creative solutions.
You will ensure that our ideas and tone of voice are always in-tune to the local audience and aligned to that of the Global ASOS brand. Underpinned by a deep customer understanding as well as a strong awareness of fashion retail and digital content, the Menswear Editor will be a full of fresh ideas that tap into the lifestyle of our twenty-something customer in Australia, and be confident in articulating them.
We work at a fast pace, often juggling a number of projects across a number of departments, so finding this environment exciting rather than challenging, with an ability to adapt to change is a must. Communication is key as you will be working with not only the locally based team, but also the global Customer Experience department based in London, including Content, Marketing, Creative, Fashion, Retail and Project Management.
This role reports into the Senior Editor, Australia.
What You'll Be Doing...
- Work in close conjunction with the Senior Editor, global editorial lead and the wider global content teams, to create and manage the menswear content output for Australia, by delivering inspiring, sticky content that taps into our global customers’ needs, and reflects of our brand DNA across various platforms (including email, Style Feed and the Australian Menswear Instagram account).
- Work in close collaboration with the AU Social Media team and the global Social team to create social content; and to distribute relevant, engaging and sharable longer form content via the ASOS social platforms.
- Concept, write, edit and upload articles for ASOS menswear Style Feed, as well as curating global articles relevant to the Australian market.
- Feed into the monthly reporting, tracking and measuring of content performance, and use the lessons – collated from post campaign analysis of local activity created with Trade Marketing Managers - to inform future content planning and creation, based on relevant KPIs.
- Ensure all editorial and social ideas support the broader business strategy and collaborate with design, buying and merchandising teams to effectively convert retail and trading messages into customer relevant, fashion credible campaigns.
- Utilise existing relationships and develop new ones with freelance writers, photographers, artists and PRs or talent management reps to commission bespoke content for your territory that will inspire our audience and raise our fashion profile.
- Provide writing and editing support for ad hoc copy requests.
- Continuously develop and communicate the editorial position and voice for menswear; work with other editors to guard the brand voice on every platform.
- Manage any junior writers, when applicable. Provide support and guidance to improve their writing skills.
- Be a champion for the ASOS Menswear offering in Australia and work with the Marketing team and Senior Editor to develop ideas to broaden awareness.
We'd like to meet...
- Talented, digital and social content creator with a proven editorial background or background in content creation.
- The ability to consistently produce short and punchy heads and sells, great copy and original feature ideas.
- Interest and experience in concepting and creating multimedia content: everything from pictures to video, through to long form articles and snappy tweets.
- Excellent understanding of online content for the fashion forward twenty-something audience.
- Plugged into fashion industry and pop culture and a keen eye for spotting the latest up-and-coming talent and trends.
- Highly engaged in social media and well-versed in emerging social platforms.
- Experience using a content management system (CMS), preferably Sitecore.
- Good understanding of retail and ability to articulate retail messages for the target customer, as well as be able to communicate confidently about fashion.
- Experience of working in a fast paced daily publishing environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects to deadlines.
- A collaborative approach and able to build strong relationships with the business.
What’s In It For You…
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching.
- Great development programmes.
- Amazing offices and great culture.
- 25 days holiday plus one extra day for your birthday.
- Subsidised gym and canteen.
- Huge staff discount and regular sample sales.
- Life Insurance, medical care, cycle to work scheme.
And tons more…
ASOS is one of the UK’s top fashion and beauty destinations, expanding globally at a rapid pace. Our values are to be authentic, brave and creative, and we live and breathe these in everything we do.
Who will I report in to?
Senior Editor, Australia
Where will I be working?
Greater London House, Mornington Crescent, London
What hours will I work?
9.00am – 5.30pm (Monday to Thursday)
9.00am – 5.00pm (Friday)