Job title: Design Assistant
Employment type: Full-time
Applications close: October 1
we seek a highly organised & detail oriented design assistant to join the design/development team working on our women's mainline. the successful candidate will be representing the bassike brand at an industry level, liaising closely with suppliers to ensure samples are produced to the highest quality and delivered on time. previous experience in a similar position will be highly regarded.
the primary purposes of this role:
- assist in the coordination of the production of samples
- assist in checking the fit, measurements and the workmanship of samples
- assist in documenting accurate fit notes at fittings and communicating these to the pattern maker
- ensuring the most appropriate construction methods are used for each garment
- overseeing fabric testing and pot dyes
- coordinate the purchasing of trims and accessories
- assist in maintaining and updating the seasonal critical path
- use styleCAD to print markers to be cut in house for both first samples and SMS
- samplesassist with in house cutting
- use styleCAD to create accurate yields for BOMSEndFragment
- accurately enter all product details into BOMS using AP21
- assisting with development to production handover with all details checked and documented
- developing and maintain strong relationships with makers
the successful applicant will possess:
- tertiary qualifications in fashion design
- 1-2 years relevant experience in a similar position
- experience using AP21 database software will be highly regarded
- competent knowledge and working understanding of fabric and garment construction
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- ability to successfully multi-task and contribute to a dynamic team environment
- ability to work autonomously and proactively
- high level of word, outlook, excel, illustrator and adobe
- drivers' license essential
how to apply:
to apply, please email your cv & covering letter addressing the role requirements as detailed above.
we also ask that you answer the following questions within your covering letter:
- how do your personal interests align with the bassike brand?
- when has your determination paid-off professionally?
- why is bassike a brand you'd like to join?
Want Fashion Journal to send job openings straight to your inbox? Of course you do. Plug in your details below and we'll get you hired.