Company: Elise Garland Public Relations
Job title: Senior PR Account Manager (Fashion)
Employment type: Full-time
Applications close: July 7
- Degree qualification in PR or Journalism.
- 5 to 6 years PR agency experience with a strong track record in media relations, writing, social media, account management and program development.
- Relevant experience in the fashion industry is essential.
- Experience in the Australian market is highly desirable but not essential.
- Strong pc skills (Microsoft Office) and excellent time management skills.
The Senior Account Manager (Fashion), is a key client management and publicist role at EGPR. The SAM reports to the Managing Director and is responsible for managing several client programs and projects. The Senior Account Manager- Fashion line manages one or two staff members.
Strategy and Programming
- Leads discussions with clients to understand needs and requirements
- Assists the client to develop briefs when required
- Develops integrated communication strategies and programs for clients
- Leads, facilitates and participates in brainstorming sessions
- Leads and/or supports Managing Director in the presentation of strategies and programs to clients
- Oversees staff and leads the implementation of PR plans including execution of publicity, events, social media and other activity as required
Marketing, Communications and Public Relations
- Works collaboratively to create, implement and measure the success of PR campaigns that will enhance client's image, position in the marketplace and the general public
- Ensures the communication strategy for client's are consistent and reflects the client's strategic vision
- Refines core messaging to ensure the client's brand is consistent in all aspects of communication
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all client publications
- Works collaboratively for research, idea generation, timely, accuracy and proof reading of all writing copy
- Actively pursues new business opportunities
- Contributes to new business through lead generation, proposal compilation including setting critical time paths for completion, alerting all staff who need to be involved, managing their involvement etc.
- Assists Managing Director with new business research to generate leads
- Leads and project manage new business proposal production
- Presents at pitch meetings demonstrating clear, persuasive verbal presentation skills
- Proactively recommends additional projects to existing clients to generate additional revenue
- Maintains and grow an extensive network on social media
- Represents egpr in a professional and ethical manner at all times
Generating Media Coverage
- Leads the development and delivery of client pitches and PR strategies, programs
- Organises and manages staff to assist with programs
- Pitches to senior media and supports team on campaigns as required
- Proactively develops and pitches media opportunities to clients
- Responds to senior media enquiries in a timely and effective manner
- Works with media outlets to publish timely client information such as, press releases, brochures and other materials
- Ensures client media coverage KPIs are met and manage client expectations
- Oversees maintenance and accuracy of media lists for clients
- Has a strong knowledge of news, lifestyle and social media
- Knows all relevant media and social media outlets and titles for all clients
- Monitors media for potential client relevant issues; interpret and report to clients
Media and Influencer Relationships
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with client relevant media - print, broadcast, influencer and online
- Has a strong knowledge of industry trends relevant to clients
- Creates opportunities to expand media contacts wherever possible
- Has a good general knowledge of current affairs
- Autonomously manages medium to large retainer accounts with minimal input from Managing Director
- Builds relationships with clients as the senior day-to-day point of contact
- Ensures the agency client team understand their role and responsibilities for the client, delegate tasks effectively
- Leads client and agency meetings and ensures reporting is accurate and timely
- Facilitates regular agency and client reviews - aiming for at least once a year or at the end of project
- Works with Managing Director to ensure overall client profitability on accounts and projects
- Develops and presents budget scope of works to clients and internal team. Flags over-budgeting issues with Managing Director and clients
- Ensures accuracy in supplier purchasing and timely dispatch of invoices
- Assists Managing Director to prioritise best use of any available, extra time each month for the team
- Responsible for tracking monthly retainer budgets to prevent over and under servicing
- Sets performance objectives for direct reports and ensure they are meeting their agreed KPIs
- Undertakes performance reviews with direct reports
- Mentors, coaches and supports direct reports in client management, media and communication skills
If you believe you possess these skills and would be the right fit for EGPR, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want Fashion Journal to send job openings straight to your inbox? Of course you do. Plug in your details below and we'll get you hired.