Company: The Iconic
Job title: Category Manager (Women's Footwear and Accessories)
Employment type: Full-time
THE ICONIC is a truly unique brand. We entered the market in 2011 with the vision of defining the future of fashion retail. Since then we have created a brand known throughout ANZ by connecting 20-35yr old shoppers with the best fashion and sports product through the most inspiring and rewarding shopping experience.
THE ICONIC stands for benchmark-setting experiences (3HR delivery, access to over 700 top brands, market-leading shopping app), for impassioned communities (connecting Australians fashion and sports lovers through digital innovation), and for our love of the newest in fashion from our 700+ leading local and international brands. We want to inspire Australians and New Zealanders to constantly explore new sides of their identity, and have a whole lot of fun doing it.
- “We Dream Big” – you will have a vision for how we can become a data-driven company to derive competitive advantage
- “We Are True to our Customers” – you will be inherently passionate about customer impact, both external and internal customers, and will constantly challenge yourself and the team to deliver more customer value
- “We Get Things Done” – you do not want to work in a cumbersome organisation, you want to work in an agile high-growth company. You lead with the right balance of planning and pragmatism.
- “We Are Stronger Together” – you are an experienced and capable leader. You will galvanise a team and inspire the broader organisation towards your vision.
About the Team
Category Management is THE ICONIC’s largest department, home to our talented buyers, planners, trend forecasters, account managers, designers and garment technicians. The department has grown by a whopping 40 people in 2016 and the teams are all doing a fantastic job in growing out each category, acquiring new amazing brands and building meaningful relationships. They are known for their wicked style, dicey banter and incredible teamwork.
Womens Footwear & Accessories is home to a team of 16 ICONITES across the buying, planning and design space and part of the wider Category Management team of 85. This role will be integral to the learning and development of the team and supporting each individual with their career path and aspirations. You will be taking a strategic approach on managing P&L results, pitching to brands, overseeing all buying and planning strategies; presenting to the department during monthly All-Hands meetings, as well as presenting to the business at our weekly Stand Ups on a Friday.
The role also presents the opportunity to work closely with the C-Suite executives as well having strong and regular cross-functional alignments with Finance, Marketing, Technology and Operations.
What will I be doing?
You'll develop the business of Women’s Footwear & Accessories and seek to continuously improve Category Management processes
You'll plan and manage buying and planning for Apparel and have the overall responsibility for the budget
You will own the womens footwear & accessories customer and define the strategy for this customer for wholesale and Marketplace brands as a holistic strategy
In order to optimize the assortment, you'll conduct competition analyses and develop strategic positioning
Following this strategic positioning, you'll select and acquire new brands & maintain the relationship with our current suppliers
You'll think of strategic concepts and measures that can advance your department as a whole
Within Footwear & Accessories you will have to identify new potential areas & drive the business in line with the overall company strategy
You'll lead a team of buyers, planners and assistants
Responsible for all inventory aspects and managing stock levels
Managing and setting KPIs for the team and constantly striving to improve and stretch targets!
High touch-point with C-level executives, 1-2 times per week
Who We Are Looking For?
- You already have several years of relevant experience professional experience in a comparable field and have experience in assortment planning, buying & planning execution
- You are familiar with retail companies and with in-season management
- Your analytical skills mean you work efficiently and in a goal-orientated way & with a strong sense of business
- You are proactive, react quickly to changes & always keep the quality objectives in mind
- You enjoy professionally leading & hiring team members
- Previous experience of staff management including workforce planning
- You have excellent leadership skills & an open minded mentality
- Fantastic presentations skills
Want us to send job openings straight to your inbox? Of course you do. Plug in your details below and we'll get you hired.