Job title: Design Assistant, Leather
Employment type: Full-time
The MIMCO Design team have an exciting opportunity for a Design Assistant to join the leather team. The role is responsible for the administrative & general support of the Senior Designer & leather team. The focus is to support in creation and updates of spec packs, fit comments, colour ups, graphic artworks & Illustrator drawings, and track all development samples. Ensuring all documentation and colour-ups are accurate and up to date at all times is also a key responsibility.
If you have a passion for Handbags and Accessories, are well organised, able to juggle multiple tasks working to tight deadlines, proficient in Illustrator and Photoshop, and have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude this could be the role for you! The ideal candidate will have completed a Tertiary certificate or Degree in Design and be working in a similar role for a Retailer or Brand.
- Support team in the administration of the range and assisting Designers with specific task
- Set up and complete style specifications (spec packs) folowing the direction from the Designer ensuring information is accurate, clear and concise and presented in a workable & understandable format
- Update and distribute Spec Packs to vendors including measurements, colour ups, and RM information
- Ensure that virtual and physical files are maintained and organized and end of season filing and clean out occurs.
- Complete specific research projects, as set by the Senior Designer, including trend, inspiration, and comp shops
- Measure P1 and P2 samples - in preparation for fit session with the Designer
- Liaise with suppliers, agents, factories and other contacts to build and maintain a strong supply network
- Using Illustrator and Photoshop, colour up designs and update all relevant documents
- Work collaboratively with the Senior Designer on the development of new components, artworks and hardware, creating technical sketches as required
- Facilitate wearer trials & document results, feeding back to Design & Production teams
- Manage and prioritize workload to achieve company timelines across all processes & categories of responsibility
- Weekly analysis of sales results to understand what styles are and aren’t working in all markets
The ideal candidate has:
- Tertiary Design Qualification or BA in Design
- Leather & Accessory Design experience highly regarded
- Strong Adobe Suite skills - Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign.
- Hand sketching highly regarded
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent time management and organisational skills for working in a fast paced environment
- A "team player" attitude and a "can do" approach to multi-tasking & problem solving
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and achieve deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop and manage relationships with key suppliers
- Ability to take constructive feedback
- Experience in working with a Brand and Retailer
- Understanding and experience in designing and developing accessories
- Knowledge of key raw materials
- Knowledge of construction and manufacturing processes
Why work for us?
- A competitive remuneration package, including incentives
- Bi-annual product allowances and generous discounts for you and your immediate family on all Country Road, Trenery, Witchery and Mimco products. Further offers and discounts available at David Jones.
- Birthday roster day off
- Excellent career progression involving regular training and on the job development
- A genuine, open and high performing culture
- Opportunity to become involved in our Corporate Social Responsibility program, by supporting our community partnerships
Country Road Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Country Road Group prefers to manage all sourcing directly, please submit your applications to this role via the website. Please note introductions via agency will not be accepted.
Want us to send job openings straight to your inbox? Of course you do. Plug in your details below and we'll get you hired.