Job title: General Manager
Salary: $36k plus 50% profit share
Applications close: October 2017
Location: Sydney (Eastern Suburbs)
Employment type: Full-time
Experience required: Yes
Applications close: October 1
Revoir is an online, high-end designer fashion marketplace. We launched in September 2016 and have grown strongly with a loyal customer base. We offer a premium consignment service for our customers. The owners of the business (Claire and Andrew) both have busy full-time careers, so as such are looking for a General Manager to run the business end to end.
We are looking for someone organised, entrepreneurial, with a love of fashion, a dedication for customer service, good creativity, marketing flair and close attention to detail.
As the General Manager, you are responsible for all core areas of the business. The key areas of focus are:
- Answer queries (we use Slack / Intercom) (10-15 queries per day)
- Sending consignment kits to customers (5-10 per week)
- Receiving, photographing and listing customer products (20-40 products per week in 5-10 consignment boxes)
- Shipping orders (10-15 per week)
Marketing and Business Development
- Liaising with our copywriter and social media supplier
- Organising fashion photoshoots (we have great photographer / models)
- Developing newsletter ideas, competitions, and creative ways to build the customer base and market share
- Pursuing growth opportunities e.g. contacting foreign brands to distribute on the website, or any marketing ideas you might want to give a go to!
- Banking (paying suppliers etc.)
- Basic accounting using Xero software
- Board - guidance and some technical and marketing support from the business owners Claire and Andrew
- General Manager – You
- Technical specialists on call – fashion shoot photographer, copywriter, social media manager, website technical support / developer
- Operations support – 3-4 on call casuals if things get too busy for you to handle alone
Why you should take this job
- Exciting fashion online startup
- Lots of autonomy (you are the boss) - you run the business end to end
- You get to work with beautiful new fashion items everyday
- Flexible hours and location
- Opportunity to develop and build your online marketing skills, with the freedom to experiment with new ideas!
- Good potential earning - a base salary guaranteed ($36k p.a.) with lots of upside as the business grows. We also offer a 50% share of all profits for the first 12 months on top of salary. The business is almost cash breakeven right now, and growing fast.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to Claire at: