Company: Sass & Bide
Job title: Merchandising Planner
Employment type: Full-time
sass & bide is an Australian designer label dedicated to the strong, the obscure and the beautiful. sass & bide offers a full range of women's Ready-to-Wear fashion, denim, leather, intimates, accoutrement & exclusive gallery pieces.
The role of Merchandising Planner will be to manage all aspects of product planning that ultimately supports the Merchandising strategy within the business. You will oversee the daily processing of inventory within stores, maximising on opportunities which help deliver on key sales targets and other financial KPI’s. You will manage range planning that delivers to the agreed product category strategy and offers a balanced range to the customer.
Key duties are as follows:
- Management of any inventory impacts that arise from our Wholesale business i.e. absorption or reduction of stock from Retail
- Overseeing daily stock management of allocations, consolidations & replenishment to all stores
- Range planning and management of continuity lines, recommending number of options each season, including overseeing new store range builds and allocations against set timelines
- Continual assessment of opportunities and risks in stock flow that will have an impact on sales
- Maintenance of continuity lines flows for core styles by colour
- Monthly WSSI updates with a focus on month end inventory and clearance of stock
- Management of clearance strategies for underperforming styles & product categories
- Providing quarterly SWOT analysis and analyitics to the business highlighting key lessons
- Management of all markdowns and overseeing their input in to our sass & bide & Myer systems
- Developing store grading seasonally to reflect current store and business needs, supporting both financial and stock density targets
- Setting up OTB at a category level at the beginning of the season for sign off by the business
- Producing seasonal planning packs for financial sign off, reporting to the Myer board monthly (and on an ad-hoc basis) with key figures, providing business with any reporting necessary
- Working with the Buyer to provide quarterly range plans that meet the overall business strategy and to differentiate the range across Standalone and Concession businesses
- Researching the market for any new product categories that are being considered by the business
- Regular store visits to seek feedback on product and planning
- Providing advice and direction to support decisions around repeats and pricing
- Lead, coach and develop your team in their current role and toward their career goals
- Manage high performance through development planning
We are searching for someone who brings the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field, business or planning related
- 5+ years’ experience in Merchandise Planning
- Experience in retail Merchandise Planning highly favoured
- High level of confidence in producing detailed reporting and business analytics (at often short-notice)
- Advanced Microsoft office skills, extremely computer literate with ability to formulate new processes and work-around on multiple IT platforms
- Experience of SAP &/or Retail Express systems a plus
- High communication skills
- High stress tolerance and ability to remain clam under pressure
- Ability to make customers (internal and external) and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
- Ability to build positive working relationships across retail, Head Office and our owner (Myer). Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- High coaching skills - Providing timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem. Confidently able to manage a team of 2 individuals
- Results driven- Focus on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them.
Finding the right cultural fit is important to us; we have an amazing collection of creative, clever and inspiring people who work hard and have fun together. We would love to hear from those who love what they do, dream big, are curious, adaptable, follow their instinct and embrace opportunities to learn every day.
We will be considering applications as they arrive, so please select the Apply Now option below to submit your resume and a cover letter that outlines your experience as it relates to our selection criteria.
Please note that agency presented candidates will not be accepted for this role.
Want Fashion Journal to send job openings straight to your inbox? Of course you do. Plug in your details below and we'll get you hired.