Company: Parlour X
Job title: Magento Developer
Employment type: Full-time
Parlour X is an award-winning luxury fashion retailer with well-known brands including Celine, Fendi, Saint Laurent, Balenciaga, Valentino and more.
We are seeking a highly skilled and passionate Magento/PHP Developer to hit the ground running in our eCommerce department. Ideally suited to someone who has worked on multiple Magento instances.
The ideal candidate will possess exceptional skills in Magento. If you have worked on 1 or 2 Magento projects this will not be enough for this role. You will be responsible for the design, development and deployment of our Magento instance as well as integration projects with external applications. You will participate in strategic discussions around product direction and development.
You will be working in a stylish office environment in the heart of Paddington, Sydney. Working in an agile environment you will further develop technical specifications to sit in line with the business objectives, ensuring that best practice coding standards are adhered to throughout.
You will be able to acutely understand business requirements, converting these into technical documentation and scope definitions.
Adopting a proactive approach to QA site performance by analysing, troubleshooting and debugging, you will also lead local planning, conceptualisation, development, testing and optimisation.
You will work closely with management, our internal eCommerce team and our external stakeholders. This is a fantastic opportunity to increase your exposure in an exciting and challenging role.
Skills and requirements
- Essential to have 2+ years of professional experience in Magento literacy
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with GIT or SVN
- Familiarity with AWS hosting and varnish
- Web administration (Linux, Nginx, DNS)
- Experience with AWS, Auto Scaling, CloudFormation, CDN, Varnish and RDS Cluster
- A high regard for documentation
- Clear technical writing and strong verbal / written communication capabilities
- Experience in unit testing with PHPUnit
- Experience with New Relic
- Experience with email marketing platforms is advantageous but not required
- An ability to work independently and well within a team
- You must be an Australian Permanent Resident or Citizen
This is your opportunity to work in an exciting business that is growing internationally.