Company: David Jones
Job title: Retail Brands Specialist - Marketing
Employment type: Contract/Temp
Applications Close: December 28
David Jones wants to inspire people to lead an extraordinary life. To do this, we've curated the world's leading brands across fashion, beauty and home. This edit makes David Jones a place where people can explore and define their personal style - a destination offering impeccable service and an experience that makes the choice of extraordinary easy.
The Merchandise Group is responsible for ensuring that our range and selection continues to remain fresh and relevant to our customers. The team is committed to delivering the very best range of brands and exclusives, across David Jones at competitive prices to enhance the customer's experience.
Please note, as David Jones Head Office will be relocating to Melbourne from mid 2017, this is a contract opportunity for an immediate start until February 2018.
Candidates who are open to relocation to Melbourne may be considered for permanent opportunities.
In this role you will:
- Support the relationship from a Marketing perspective between the David Jones Retail Brand partners and the Merchandise Office
- Hold accountability for the management of all vendor marketing, including the development and execution of bespoke vendor marketing plans
- Build and maintain vendor relationships to ensure smooth running of events, promotions and PR
- Manage the end to end seasonal marketing process, including:
- Calculating contractual spend to agree on seasonal campaign
- Seasonal reconciliation and collection of vendor subsidies
- Hold accountability for weekly marketing development updates
- Coordinate and manage offers and promotions for clearance, events and instore activities
- Manage branded in store events in liaison with the vendor and Marketing teams
- Collate social media for review
- Manage and coordinate eDMs for all participating brands
We are looking for that little bit extra, so join us if you:
- Have demonstrated experience in end to end promotion and campaign management
- Have substantial demonstrated work experience within a Marketing capacity, preferably within the Retail sector
- Possess strong Microsoft office skills particularly in Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Possess excellent numerical and analytical skills , with demonstrated budgeting skills
- Have developed strong negotiation and communication skills
- Have a strong commercial and retail acumen
At David Jones we go the extra mile. We offer;
- The opportunity to work with premium exclusive Fashion & Home products
- Access to David Jones employee discounts
- An opportunity to work with a trusted iconic brand
- Career progression - there are always opportunities for those with aspirations
- Ongoing training and development to support your career journey
If you're looking for an extraordinary career, please begin your application now.