Applications close: August 13
Work type: Full-time
This is a rare and excellent opportunity which has become available due to growth. You will be responsible for Merchandise Planning, Purchasing & Business Analysis, and will report to a seasoned and successful entrepreneur, Amanda Briskin-Rettig.
This role requires a proactive approach and willingness to be a part of a growing retail business with international aspirations. Your experience in planning and purchasing will match your enthusiasm, your keen eye for detail and ability to multi-task in a unique local brand.
Who we are
A-ESQUE, founded in Melbourne and grounded in the artistry of creating superb leather goods for men and women.
The brand was established in 2012 by Amanda Briskin-Rettig, with a clear vision to express modernity by subtle aesthetics. It occupies a clear, clean space in the market, with a quality that is proved simply by the excellence of the product and the design.
A-ESQUE is available exclusively through its own boutiques in Melbourne, Sydney and online.
The mood is all about product, the experience is of private luxury and exceptional service.
- Development of the merchandise planning strategy, allocation of stock, stock control and trend analysis
- Forecasting sales, stock levels, sell through and margin
- Analysis of product performance, report generation and manage inventory levels
- Analysis of post sales data, range reviews and developing action plans for future strategies
- Costings management - materials and finished goods
- Leading and mentoring production personnel
Skills and experience
- Minimum 5-years working in a similar role, preferably with experience in retail and/or luxury goods
- Tertiary qualifications
- Team management experience
- Brilliant financial, commercial and business acumen
- Demonstrate sound relationship management and influencing skills
- Confidence in implementing new systems
- Well-developed time management, interpersonal and organisation skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written & verbal)
- High proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and inventory management systems
- Why is A-ESQUE a brand for which you would be passionate to work for?
- How do your personal interests and experience align with A-ESQUE?