Calling all local emerging designers. The Australian Fashion Chamber has just opened applications for the fifth annual BT Emerging Fashion Designer Award.
The award has helped boost the careers of some stellar designers, with previous winners including Macgraw, Emma Mulholland, Michael Lo Sordo and Christopher Esber.
The winner of the 2017 award will receive a the following:
- $10,000 cash from BT
- Two years' financial planning services from BT Financial Group
- One year of accounting and business advisory services from Bentleys NSW
- Two return Qantas flights to New York
- An AFC membership and two mentoring sessions provided by the AFC
- The winning label will also receive a sponsorship from Toni&Guy, including access to its national artistic team for two major fashion events, two lookbook shoots and three month’s worth of hairdressing.
Applications are open until January 31 and the winner will be picked by a panel of heavyweights – including Edwina McCann (Vogue Australia), Rebecca Lim (Westpac), Leanne Whitehouse (Whitehouse Institute of Design) and Lee Mathews.
Entrants must have been established for less than seven years and have an annual turnover of under $2 million. Finalists will be announced in March 2017.