If you’re not sure who Iris Apfel is, then we’re not really sure where you’ve been hiding.
Just so you know Iris is 94, she’s a style icon, she’s pretty sure she’s “the oldest living broad” to be on a magazine cover and now she’s setting up shop in Paris. Kind of.
From Februrary 27 to March 26, Iris will be the subject of an exhibition Iris in Paris at department store Le Bon Marché.
The exhibition will feature window displays and a pop-up store with loads of wonderful things:
- A bag designed by Iris herself made from red or black Mongolian wool
- Oversized sunglasses from Selima Optique
- A men’s bowtie from Cinabre Paris
- Bracelets from Luc Kieffer
- Necklaces from Marion Vidal, and
- Limited edition items including notebooks, a scarf, an umbrella and a mug
But by far the most exciting thing will be the display cabinets featuring 10 outfits Iris put together for various activities in the French capital.
“I’m a great believer in being appropriate. It seems to be a word that’s gone out of fashion … if I know I’m going out to dinner in Paris, or I know I’m going to the opera, or I know that there’s a special fashion show, I don’t believe in going looking like a slob.”
Oh to see what Iris would pack for a Parisian holiday.
Iris in Paris will run from February 27 – March 26 at Le Bon Marché in Paris and you can see Iris there on March 2, coinciding with Paris Fashion Week.