Starting a label is exciting and simultaneously terrifying. Designs and drawings are one thing, but taxes and loans are another.
But next week there's a seminar to help you with that.
On Monday, Melbourne Spring Fashion Week is hosting a Design Your Business seminar, to help take your idea from daydream to solid business plan.
A panel of expert lawyers, directors, managers and CEOs will give you all the information and advice you need to get your business started. On the lineup you'll find:
- Joshua McNicol, Head of Marketing and Communications Australia, Square
- Nicholas Hadjiangeli CA, Senior Business Banking Manager, NAB
- Emma Mitchell, Senior Associate, Sladen Legal
- Kristy Merganovski, Lawyer, Sladen Legal
- Dom Bagnato, CEO, Dom Bagnato
- Christo Hall, Director, Basic Bananas
- Lorraine Tighe, Smart City and Innovation Program Manager, City of Melbourne
Once the seminar’s over, you should start to have a grasp of basic finance, legalities, strategic planning and grants.
The 12pm session will be facilitated by Vox Frock fashion editor, Janice Breen Burns, with the 5pm session held by RMIT Deputy Head of Industry Engagement (School of Fashion and Textiles), Kiri Delly.
The two seminars held on Monday 29 August. With prices at $15, it’ll be your best investment.