Company: Forever New
Job title: Handbags Designer
Employment type: Full-time
Forever New is one of Australia's fastest growing fashion clothing and accessories brands, proud to be founded in Melbourne during late 2006. Now in our tenth year, Forever New has been on a journey of global expansion and today operates in over 300 stores in ten countries.
The Forever New brand celebrates the feminine beauty of women, with a signature style flowing through every creative element. Each monthly collection celebrates this beauty, drawing inspiration from global trends in fashion, art, music, film and theatre.
We are currently recruiting for an established designer to join our handbags department.
You will be responsible for driving our beautiful handbags portfolio. You will inspire design direction across bags, working in collaboration with our buying team. Reporting to our head designer your role will be to deliver inspirational collections in line with our beautiful Forever New handwriting.
Company and Culture & Benefits
Join a privately owned globally growing business who are dedicated to team collaboration and innovation whilst promoting our values: Think Customer, Respect for All, Keep it Simple, Take Responsibility and Act with Pace. Forever New HQ is a fast paced retail environment who promote work life balance and ensuring the customer remains at the forefront of our objectives.
Forever New benefits include:
- Generous staff discounts and benefits including the cafes in our business park
- Subsidised car parking
- New offices located in Richmond close to public transport
- Enjoy our exciting social committee events, regular sample sales and team events
- Work with industry experts to further develop your skills and knowledge in Retail
Desired Skills and Experience
- Significant handbags experience
- Commercial product design and range building
- Handbag construction and technical knowledge
- Ensure comprehensive knowledge of local and overseas market trends through various mediums including magazines and online research
- Analyse relevance of trends for brand and plan ranges accordingly in collaboration with buyer
- Ensure 'finger on pulse' of emerging trends
- Create/visualise outstanding new designs in line with forever new handwriting and product strategy
- Demonstrate broad awareness of competitors and external trends
- Research trends for the season and brief relevant departments