There are few things more fancy than high tea, but we found a way to make it even fancier.
Hint: It involves Iggy Azalea lyrics and a piping bag.
3/4 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
2 1/4 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp butter
5 cups icing sugar
red food dye
pink food dye
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees
2. Place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and creamy
3. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined
4. Add flour, cinnamon, and baking powder. Mix until combined
5. Place in between two sheets of baking paper and roll out to 1 cm thick. Place in fridge for 10-20 minutes
6. Cut out giant sized love-hearts. Place on baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown
7. Place 3 cups of icing sugar in a bowl and add water until mixture is thick and gloopy. Add pink food dye. Drip over cooled biscuits until completely covered. Leave to dry.
8. Beat remaining icing sugar and butter together in an electric mixer until white. Add red food dye and place into a small piping bag.
9. Pipe Iggy Azalea-inspired lyrics onto biscuits.
Tableware courtesy of Royal Doulton.