It's official, the cold weather is here and it's time for a little indulgence. Pies before guys girlfriends, pies before guys.
250g plain white flour
60mls cold water
1 large jar Strawberry Jam
1 punnet Strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease a classic old pie tin and set aside.
2. To make pastry, place all ingredients into a food processor and blitz until a breadcrumb consistency is formed.
3. Using a knife, fold through water until mixture is combined.
4. Roll out on a cold work top (working quickly) and cut out a large circle to line the tin. Cut out another for the top and place in the fridge.
5. Blind bake pie crust by placing pastry weights onto pastry bottom and baking for 15-20 mins or until golden.
6. Take top out of the fridge, cut out the slogan "Pies B4 Guys" with passion, place back into the fridge.
7. Dice Strawberries and mix with jam.
8. Take pie crust out of the oven. Place jam in the centre and top with pastry, crimping edges with your fingers or a fork.
9. Brush with a beaten egg and bake for 25-35 mins or until golden brown.