As we head into the chilly season we'll do anything to hold onto that summer feeling. Eating ice-cream included.
Here's a super duper easy recipe to get you started. And because you'll be layering up this winter, you don't have to feel guilty about seconds.
3 cups single pouring cream
1 cup full-fat milk
1 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 can caramel (we use Nestle Top ‘n’ Fill)
1 bag salted/buttered (popped) popcorn
1. Place cream, milk, icing sugar and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk until sugar is dissolved
2. Divide between two large zip-lock bags and freeze for 2 1/2 hours, or until just frozen (not rock hard)
3. Remove from freezer and break up mixture with your hands, or by bashing it against a hard surface
4. Mix in a food processor for 1-2 minutes or until JUST smooth (there’s a fine line between ice-cream and a milkshake)
5. Pour mix into a cake tin
6. Drizzle in caramel filling and marble with the back of a butter knife
7. Add popcorn and freeze for 2 hours, or until you can't wait any longer
8. Spoon into waffle cones and enjoy until the sticky goodness runs down your elbows