While in Australia we enjoy lashings of Vegemite and avocado on our toast, over in America the odd combination of peanut butter and jelly (jam) seems to be a crowd favourite- but perhaps not for the waistline. However, here at Fashion Journal we aren’t into food FOMO, so we have created an easy, entirely guilt-free alternative that is even better than the original smear!
In other news…still trying to find a healthy solution for that jar of FLUFFY…this could take a while.
1 ½ cups unsalted peanuts
1 pinch of sea salt (or Himalayan sea salt if you are going to be all fancy)
1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Place peanuts in a food processor and blend until they form a smooth, oily paste. Be patient, this will take up to 5-10 minutes depending on your food processor power until the peanuts have been blended to the extent that their oils are released.
- Once a paste is formed, add salt and coconut oil and blend until desired consistency.
- To make a crunchy peanut butter, add chopped peanuts after blending
- Place in refrigerator for 1 hour
JELLY (Raspberry Jam)
1 cup frozen raspberries (strawberries if preferred)
1 tablespoon honey (or rice-bran oil)
Juice of half a lemon
2 tablespoons Chia seeds
- In a small saucepan, place raspberries, honey or oil, and lemon over a low heat.
- Squash the raspberries with the back of a spoon until the desired consistency is formed
- Taste and add more honey or oil if a sweeter taste is preferred
- Remove from heat and add chia seeds. Stir well
- Place into refrigerator for 1 hour