Our favourite part about parties (aside from some banging ’90s tunes) would have to be the food. Hands down.
So we’ve taken our party food inspo into the kitchen, to whip up the ultimate drink and snack combo. It’s a little summer, a little Mexican and a whole lot of deliciousness.
1 packet corn chips
2 ripe avocados
salt and pepper
1 whole red chili
2 ripe tomatoes
Margaritas (Serves 2)
2 Raspberry Sugar Free Vodka Cruisers
2 Watermelon and Berry Frosty Fruit icy poles (or similar)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Place corn chips on a tray and bake until fragrant and crispy. Add cheese if desired.
2. In a bowl, smash ripe avocados with lemon juice and salt and pepper.
3. Slice chilies finely, dice tomatoes.
4. Scatter corn chips in a bowl and dollop avocado on top sporadically, likewise, scatter chili and tomato.
5. For the margarita, place table salt and caster sugar on a plate.
6. Coat the outside rim of two large wine glasses with a slice of lime. Dip into sugar and salt mix.
7. Slice limes and place on outer rim of glass.
8. Place one icy pole in each glass.
9. Fill each glass with ice, top with Raspberry Cruiser, soda water and a squeeze of lime.