Company: Assembly Label
Job title: Menswear Designer
Employment type: Full-time
Experience required: 3+ years
Assembly Label was established in May 2011, with a prophecy to construct simplified clothing and lifestyle pieces for the everyday needs and desires of an audience who appreciate purposeful, well made products for relaxed coastal living.
Assembly Label is currently looking for a Menswear Designer whose main focus will be on creating a highly considered and functional wardrobe for every man (the tee, the pant, the perfect shirt...). You must be passionate, enthusiastic, and rigorous, with an obsessive eye for detail.
You will bring your designs to life by sketching, creation of tech packs, reviewing samples, attending fittings and collaborating with our design, buying and production teams.
- Report to the Design Manager in the creation of apparel, accessories & homewares collections
- Work collaboratively to build innovative concepts and mood boards for product creation
- Create CADs designs and tech packs on Illustrator for line review
- Manage the critical path of product development
- Liaising with the manufacturers on a regular basis
The Ideal Candidate would possess the following:
- 3+ years of experience in Menswear Design / Product Development
- Diploma in Fashion Design and/or Commercial arts
- Proficient in Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Minimalist aesthetic with a keen eye for detail
- Research skills, coupled with industry awareness and knowledge of contemporary brands
- Positive energy with an ability to take feedback and work in a fast paced environment
- Well-crafted organizational and time management skills
- Respectful and supportive of team effort and teamwork
Please send all applications including cover letter, resume and portfolio (lower than 5mb) to: email@example.com